Montessori Teacher – Primary
Job Type - Full-Time | Job Location - MountainHouse
RedRose Montessori Preschool in Mountain House, CA is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Montessori Teacher – Primary . We prefer professional and long-term commitment candidate with a good understanding of the Montessori philosophy and love of early childhood education.
Job Type: Full Time – Hourly
Location: Mountain House, CA
- Competitive pay based on experience and education
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Discount on tuition for staff children
- Incentives, Bonuses, Raises and Rewards based on Job Performances
- Professional work environment
Why work for us?
Because we are true to our mission and goal! We open the child’s innermost curiosities by nurturing their physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs through an outstanding Montessori education.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. At RedRose Montessori School, we strive to do our best in helping every child while inspiring and drawing out the best in each other. All aspects of consideration for employment with RedRose Montessori Schools are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
32-40 hrs. a week
Education & Experience
A High School Diploma or Equivalent with the following:
- At least 12 units in Child Development; Child, Family, & Community; and ECE Program and Curriculum with at least six months of experience working in a licensed child care center.
- At least 3 units in Infant/Toddler Development
- Health Screening, TB, and Immunization records (MMR, Tdap, and Influenza).
- Criminal Record Clearance.
- Montessori Certification (Must)
Minimum Required Skills
- Must be able to manage a classroom with an primary class that is full based on the teacher/child ratio as mentioned in the Minimum Standards
- Responsible for the care, hygiene, diapering, learning, and developmental activities, and specialized programs for primary class children.
- Must be able to relate joyfully and sensitively to children and interact appropriately and professionally.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds and stand for long periods of time as is required by the position
- Must be able to organize the flow of a busy classroom.
- Must be able to handle detailed work.
- Must be able to speak distinctly and to communicate verbally with parents.
- Must be able to recognize and to record significant individual behavior.
- Must be able to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment that supports the education and safety of children.
- Must possess excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
- Must be available for continuous employment without gaps other than those allowed in the Employee handbook.
- Must be able to support the director and owner/board in all decisions.
- Must have infant CPR and first aid training
- Must have completed mandatory in-service hours per Community Care licensing standards
- Must be acceptable to fulfill all the requirements for hire as per the Community Care licensing standards, including but not limited to background check requirement.
- Agree with philosophy, mission and overall direction of program.
- Evidence of sufficient tact, discretion and good judgment to handle crisis situations.
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability including the ability to separate personal (emotional) with business/work (facts).
- Good command of the English language, including grammar, syntax, spelling
- Physical stamina – must be able to bend, stand, sit on the floor etc.
- Professional in dress, appearance and overall speech.
- Ability to train and supervise other employees of varying educational and socio-economic backgrounds as requested.